What personal information do we collect?
We may collect personal information from you that includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, gender, industry, occupation, personal interests and any other contact details. We may collect this and other personal information that you provide us or our service providers by:
- using or subscribing to any of our services (or the services of our service providers);
- participating in any of our website features;
- contacting us (we may keep a record of that correspondence);
- responding to a survey or communication with us (such as an e-mail); and
- visiting our website (this may include details such as IP addresses, Cookie information, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and resources that you access whilst on our website).
We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act (for example, racial or ethnicity information).
How do we use personal information that we collect?
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- respond to or provide you with services, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
- verify your identity;
- notify you about changes to our services or website;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or website; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We may also use the personal information we collect to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services which we believe may be of interest to you, or share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. We will only use personal information in this way where you are given an opportunity to unsubscribe.
“Cookies” refers to text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. They are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to the website. Cookies are industry standard and are used by most websites.
Will we share your personal data with outside parties?
We may disclose personal information to:
- third parties who we have engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, for the purposes of helping us provide you with the requested goods or services, or so that they can contact you in relation to the goods or services (in these circumstances we will make reasonable endeavours through contractual arrangements to ensure compliance by the third party with applicable privacy laws);
- relevant public authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties in special situations where either:
- we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- we believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
Links to and from our website
Please be aware that links on our website may not treat your personal information with the same respect that we do at Dusk Mobile. Linked sites, applications and widgets (including social media buttons such as Facebook share and like, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+) are not under our control, and we cannot accept any responsibility for the conduct of companies linked (or linking) to our website or collecting information from these third party applications or widgets. Before disclosing your personal information on any website, or using applications or widgets, we advise you to examine the terms of that website and any relevant data collection practices and controls.
How do we store, secure and process personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to us, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you may transmit to us or that we may otherwise collect. Once we receive personal information, we also use reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems. We require all our employees and contractors who provide services to us related to our information systems to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us, however, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Do we transfer personal information outside of Australia?
In short, yes, we may. The purposes for which we may transfer personal data outside of Australia are:
- for secure storage, back-up and retrieval; or
- to provide you with the goods or services you have requested from us (we operate in Australia, North America, South America and India at the moment, but may operate in other countries in the future).
Wherever we transfer personal data overseas, we will strive to ensure recipients of that personal information maintain it in accordance with Australian privacy laws. However, in providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of such personal information outside of Australia for these purposes.
How long do we keep personal information?
We regularly maintain personal information, and strive to de-identify information as soon as we become aware that it is no longer required. We do this through periodic reviews of the personal information we hold or upon notice from you that you no longer require our services.
You have lots of rights
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate, and up to date, any information which we hold about you. However, if at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com to have the information corrected. If you would like to, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to any personal information we hold about you (subject to certain exceptions provided by law).
© Dusk Mobile Pty Ltd
Published 3 January 2019.