South Yarra (Innovative Australian head quartered, fast growing enterprise mobile solutions company looking for entrepreneurial talent to grow our Australian presence)
Dusk Mobile is a successful mobile solutions company, focused on solving enterprise problems through innovative mobile technologies. These include full software solutions, portals, apps, mobile device management, beacons and professional services. Dusk Mobile is working to transform enterprises across the globe.
The Dusk Mobile team consists of experienced mobile architects and software developers as well as strategy-consultants, with an advisory board of seasoned international entrepreneurs.
With the head office in Melbourne, Dusk Mobile is enabling enterprises to evolve through our deep understanding of enterprise process and strength in delivery. After successfully starting up in Australia 3.5 years ago and growing our client base, we are looking to grow our software development team to join us on that journey.
This role requires a passionate PHP Developer or someone experienced in working with Bootstrap. Also experience in other web and mobile based technologies. There is an opportunity for exposure to projects using these other technologies.
You will be responsible for:
• Designing, developing and delivering custom software solutions
• Being part of our Agile software development team
• Directly engaging with clients in collaborative environments including on site
• Some support of existing and developed solutions
• Liaising with Stakeholders on best practices such as test driven development & continuous deployment
• Writing efficient and readable code, testing work and communicating with internal/external stakeholders as required.
• Providing our clients with an extremely high level of technical expertise and representing the company as a technical expert. We develop complex, disruptive solutions for a range of large corporations globally.
The role is largely for a back-end developer, with some integration with Front-End development work. You will be responsible for delivering high quality software solutions as well as working closely within an established team of developers to bring projects to life.
All while being part of a global team of highly motivated and talented people.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
• Software development experience in PHP or Bootstrap technologies
• SQL Server
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) environments and tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Subversion)
• Code from either a technical specification or work requests using PHP, Bootstrap and related technologies
• Apply a given Agile methodology to all deliverables
• Provide technical liaison with Solution Architects, Project Managers and Development resources
• Provide basic technical support
• Relational Database Design skills
• Solid delivery experience using Agile methodologies
• Experience across full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Work with Project Management, and other teams to ensure projects are delivered without delay, avoiding invoicing and revenue delays
• Architect scaleable and maintainable solutions
• To work within a team environment and can also be an autonomous self-starter capable of working from brief to delivery, whilst managing and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to articulate reasoning behind a decision
• Experience in building public facing applications
• Automated Unit Testing experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage own time on projects
• Attention to detail is a must
• Experience with an internal ticketing system for defects/bugs
• Referenceable track record of quality delivery
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Desired Skills and Experience
Having experience with some of the following technologies and frameworks will also be viewed favorably:
• Xamarin, PhoneGap / Cordova, Native
• Windows Apps / Universal Windows Platform Apps
• AWS / Microsoft Azure
• Oracle, Azure Storage, AWS S3, NoSQL
• Git, TeamCity, Bamboo
• EntityFramework, NHibernate, Autofac, NUnit
• University degree in a related computer science or technology based subject or undertaking one
• Passion for start-ups and mobile technologies
• A team player with the ability to work autonomously
• Have a creative mindset to help our customers solve problems and deliver a great experience
• Proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and can prioritise work load
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with exceptional time management and personal effectiveness skills
• Enthusiastic self-starter and desire to develop personally and professionally
What we offer
Joining us will be challenging and rewarding. You’ll gain lots of valuable experience and be part of a close team that expands Dusk Mobile in Australia. You will be exposed to a cutting edge industry and the ability to work with our customers on innovative solutions. Attractive compensation package available.
We are offering the chance to work on some of Australia’s coolest and highest profile digital projects. You’ll be responsible for developing and delivering high-performing mobile and web solutions for clients. This role would suit a student on a work restricted visa. Yes you read that correctly!