2016 ENTERPRISE MOBILE TRENDS
A recent report from Salesforce has highlighted a number of key trends identified for 2016.
Digital Transformation insights from over 2,200 IT leaders and global CIO’s. The full report is available here: Full Salesforce Report
63% of companies who operate in the cloud can develop an app in 3 months or less
80% of those developing in the cloud say they are primarily working on projects that will transform their business
- Top teams in the digital age are not afraid to take risks – they are actively testing, adopting and mastering new technologies as they emerge.
- The cloud is being used to support more complex integrations for app development projects.
68% of IT teams report spending more on mobile apps, cloud migration and cyber security over the next 2 years.
- IT leaders are becoming more focused on innovative, digitally driven technology and the security that goes with it.
- The top 3 areas for increased spending are mobile apps, cloud migration and security. Budgets have not kept pace with the demand as IT becomes a strategic business driver.
The Digital Officer
60% of companies surveyed already employ a Chief Digital Officer – a leadership role that was scarcely heard of 10 years ago.
- The Chief Digital Officer (CDO) has become a must have in many organisations. Usually a marketing background, consumer knowledge and hyperfocus on digital trends.
37% of IT leaders are integrating with more than 11 systems. As complexity of integrations increase, cloud migration becomes a priority
App Development Scope
79% of IT teams are currently developing apps for customers, partners and employees
- Customers and Employees have grown to expect companies to deliver personalized, on-demand experiences that evolve along with their needs.
- Beyond just managing technical operations, IT are becoming central to every facet of the business.
Apps by type: